Register to vote at: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/registervoter
Find your voter registration or change political party at: https://mvic.sos.state.mi.us/Voter/Index
You can register to vote through Election Day
Some clerk’s offices have opened satellite offices for voter registration. You must show proof of where you live. Documents must have your name and current address. You can show a digital copy of any document. Acceptable documents include:
- Michigan driver’s license or State ID card
- Current utility bill
- Bank statement
- Paycheck or government check
- Other government document
After registering, you can vote an absent voter ballot at the clerk’s office or you can vote at your polling place on Election Day.
Military and overseas civilian voters have additional options to register.
To be eligible to register to vote you must be:
- A Michigan resident (at the time you register) and a resident of your city or township for at least 30 days (when you vote)
- A United States citizen
- At least 18 years of age (when you vote)
- Not currently serving a sentence in jail or prison
Check to see if you are registered.
If you are already registered, your voting record has links to:
- Your sample ballot
- Your polling place address for voting on Election Day
- Tracking the status of your absentee ballot
- How to contact your clerk